Monday, February 18, 2008

One Fun Week

As a stay at home mommy, I think it is always wonderful when you have a little change in your life. Brandon went to Oklahoma City for work; so, I made plans to go see one of my favorite people, JEN. I was a little scared for the flight, seeing how it was with the two kids and just me... totally out numbered. But, all the worry was in vain. Gracie was really cute, upon taking off she starting to do the pat... pat... pat (for all the little einstiens' fans) but quickly grabbed the seat when we started ascending. Very funny. The flight was quick and we were on the ground before we could finished our sprites. So I packed the kids in the double stroller on our way to retrieve our baggage, and can I tell you... all of the looks... like, oh, look how sad, I'm so glad I'm not her look... two kids, and is she... oh my goodness is she pregnant!!!!



Whatever!!!



I loved the double stroller, and yes, I am totally showing!!!



Jen came and got us and back to her house. We had so much fun. Gracie loved going to Peter Piper Pizza and the Bounce house. Loved playing with Wade and his friends,





fighting over toys with Seth (love/hate relationship) and just hanging out. I don't think she knew Jens name, she would always ask, "Where's the Mommy?", or What's the Mommy doing. It was so much fun. I can't believe how fast the week went. It was wonderful seeing Jen & Matt. Anytime I hang out with them I end up laughing a little to hard thinking about the good ol days. They really are such great friends that I do cherish.



The only sad thing was that we were away from our Valentine on Valentine's Day... but never fear, Brandon spoiled us with flowers, strawberries, chocolate, and cookies. We love him and missed him so much. Only one more trip and then he is done traveling for a while.









The flight back was fine, Parker gave up the fight and fell asleep. It was great seeing Brandon, Southwest did lose our carseats, no worries we got them back along with a nice credit.



All in All, the week was wonderful. Now it is back to real life, but I can't complain, real life is pretty good. Chat with you all soon.



11 comments:

steph j. said...

Mandi, I'm so glad you had such a great time and are back safe. Aren't friends so wonderful?! I love the pictures you took.

Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a great time in Arizona! Parker is so stinkin' cute! We will have to get together when I come to Vegas in a couple of months!

Jill Johnson said...

Hey you!! I can't believe you are pregnant. Congrats!!! I decided long ago that I am not in charge of when I get another baby. Isn't that funny? I am glad you are back and I can keep up with your blog.

Anonymous said...

Love the blog! I would like to share a life changing opportunity about a company and product that changed my life. Kyani Sun currently offers an Alaskan wild blueberry antioxidant health beverage along with omega-3/tocotrienol soft gels. Kyani’s mission is to share the “Miracle of Alaska” with families around the world, offering health enhancing products and a fun and rewarding business opportunity. Start improving your lifestyle now at www.kyani.net/aghealth

T.J., Lindsay, Drew, and Cameron Stevens said...

Hey you! It sounds like you had so much fun in Pheonix! I love reconnecting with far away acquaintances! Sounds like you are doing better, AWESOME! Talk to you later!

Matt and Amanda said...

Sounds like fun! The flowers are beautiful, what a guy!

Lacey said...

Congrats that's great! I'm glad your blogging again! I hate flying with kids...so stressful even when they are good. It's great to get away and be with friends.

Unknown said...

WE LOVED having you guys come to town! It was a GREAT week and flew by so fast! Thanks for the laughs and fun! We love you guys!

P.S. I just threw away Brandon's Valentine flowers to Matt the other day--Matt was sad ;)!

Terri said...

Mandi how dang fun that you got to go visit Jen. Congrats on the baby too. And yes isnt it crazy how fast you show on the 3rd. My belly is huge and Iam only half way, oh well that is the way the game is played. Isnt it crazy that 7 years ago we were playing and acting like dorks and now we have almost 3 kids and I just turned 34. Agghhhhhh! Love it though. Take care sweetie!

davidandjodi said...

Mandi, So I was looking at some of my friends blogs and I came across yours! I am so excited to see your cute family. You have such Cute kids! I would love to stay in contact with you-My e-mail is
jodijensenbutler@hotmail.com
Talk to you soon!
Jodi

Jay and Mel said...

could you have a more beautiful family!! I'm so happy for you to be pregnant. If your kids keep on turning out that cute you should just keep on going!! I know it was a surprise but how exciting. I can't believe how long it has been since I have seen or talked to you. I hope you are well past the morning sickness now and if you want you can see what we are up to you can check out our blog. jaymeltalbot.blogspot.com
also did you know John Marriott is at the huntsman cancer center right now? you should check out the blog that his friends have put together. johnmarriott.bravehost.com You might want to tell Jen about it also. Take Care!