Sunday, August 24, 2008

And then there were 3... but my number 2 is killing me

I have always heard that the number 3 does you in. I knew it would be hard, but this week has been A WEEK. I have been in the process of packing, entertaining the kids and trying not to lose my mind... oh my.


The biggest challenge is not the number of kids;

it is my number 2 kid,


Parker!!!

If you note the name under his picture to the right, it is MONSTER P. I have no idea where I came up with my love bug's nickname (I would argue it was inspiration from Heaven) but it is soooooo fitting. It doesn't matter what I do, how many doors I lock, how many times I push in the chair, or how many times I close the dishwasher he has his mind set and the determination to finish the job. Like, for instance... Yesterday, me and the kids were to meet Brandon at his mom's house, so I was trying to get the kids ready, and keep the house clean...you know how that is. Don't worry that I found Parker scratching his head with a steak knife that he had gotten out to the dishwasher, or him repeatedly trying to take gracie a dirty plate, fork and spoon, again, from the dishwasher... or when I found him on top of Thatcher's changing table (like 5 times) pulling out the wipes, or when I found him on top of our desk trying to listen to my ipod... Or the couple of times that he took Gracie's glasses and ran away from me. (all of this was in a time span of 2 hours)

SERIOUSLY!!!

I got so mad at him one time that I called him a butt hole, to which Gracie sent me to time out (I was half tempted to take her up on her punishment) and told me we don't say that word.

If he keeps this up he is going to be driving me to AA. I always tell him that it is a darn good thing that he is so cute, because if he wasn't I would have traded him in along time ago.

To which he looks at me with his blue eyes and flashes his dimples and all is forgotten, well, almost!!

I guess all I can say is that there is nothing as sweet as a little boy
and nothing as exhausting!!!










10 comments:

Staci Leach said...

Welcome to the life of the middle child. I do have to say that Parker is more of a physical acting out, my Rosie is all mental. She tries to out think us all and sometimes succedes. Good luck with that one! (melodic tune) It's only just begun!

Sherice said...

Mandi!! Hey girl-I just found your blog from Erica's blog and was so excited to see you!! I haven't seen you forEVER!! It looks like your life is pretty much a lot like mine...CRAZY!!! Ya, I have the same "#2" problem goin' on around here. When Parker came along, she all of a sudden started sucking on a binkie(which she never had before), wanting bottles, talking baby talk, peeing all over the place(potty-training joys), and throwing the world's greatest tantrums!! Although, this week it is my "#1" that is killing me. They all have their moments...Anyways, enough about my crazies-I love the part where Parker was scratching his head with a steak knife!! That is AWESOME!! Don't you love those moments where you feel like you have lost ALL control and you just want to sit in a corner and cry. haha...Well I am going to have to keep checking in-I love this blogging thing!! Congrats on your new baby boy! He is adorable!! See ya.

Mindi D said...

Mandi! Hey, I glad we are all bloggers, maybe we'll keep in tough a little better! You're kids are adorable! I love the glasses, there is nothing cuter that little kids in glasses!! Take care and i'll keep checking in!

Erica said...

I think its that number 2 syndrome thats how they get there attention. Logan is the same way, he can be so naughty I cant leave him alone for 2 seconds. By the way you take great pictures.

T.J., Lindsay, Drew, and Cameron Stevens said...

Oh, number two is the WORST!!!! My parents get the biggest kick out of it right now, 'cause Cam is just like Mandy was when she was a baby...I don't think I can handle it. Cameron can climb almost everything, he thinks he knows how to run a computer, he loves to throw things down the stairs tip over the the biggest, loudest piece of furniture he can. AHHH! I SO, feel your pain!

Jess & Ben Bryner said...

Logan is obsessed with the dishwasher too, so I know how that is. So funny how you used the "b" word...I love how Gracie told you to go to time-out...priceless! I'm sorry that things are hard, hopefully, it will get better with time. Jen seems to be doing better now if it is any comfort:)

The Bryner Bunch said...

oh, sorry bbbinspired is Ben's login...I guess? I didn't know he had one, anyway this is Jess Bryner (Rasmussen)

Whitney said...

Wow, I can't believe I found you! I was just looking through Mindi's blog and found your comment. I hope you don't mind me looking! I have been wondering what you have been up to! Your family is adorable!

Bree said...

That is hilariass about the steak knife. Yesterday I had to put Mckay into time out 5 times at his friends house. Finally I just left because I was seriously going to beat him. I have no patience when it comes to my family. We will probably end up in the same AA class. Better yet, let's carpool:)

Amy said...

Hi Mand, I have to admit I found your blog a couple of months ago but I thought you had given up on it so I didn't leave a comment. Your family is darling. Missed you at the reunion.

Amy (Roberts) Drake