Sunday, August 17, 2008

Oh... All of the changes

Well... Hello, where have you been?
I am assuming that most of anyone who use to check my page has given up all hope. Well, I am back, with a full update and new pictures of our sweet little boy...
William Thatcher Leavitt


I don't know even where to begin, so I will go over some of the changes starting with the most recent!!!
Our sweet little one..
I was induced on July 28th. I went in at 6AM, they started me on pitocin around 7:30and by 1:11 pm he had made his way into the world. He was terribly blue when he came out...I didn't know that I could birth a smurf; but, after a couple of cries he got his color and he has been tugging at my heart strings ever since. I was extremely happy to have my mom and launa there to witness it all. It always is a neat experience to have a little one come into this world. Recovery was amazing and we went home the next night. All was well until....
5 days later I thought he looked a little yellow, especially in his eyes, so I took him to the doctor, just to make sure he was okay... well, a couple hours later and we were back at the hospital.


Our poor baby had jaundice...
he got to lay under the lights for two days... one of the most expensive tanning beds I have ever paid for. They sent us home, but every morning I would wake up and start to cry (love those hormones) because he always looked yellow. A couple of days later and two visits to the doc... and I was feeling that he was going to be okay. It has been a little crazy since then, I am getting use to being a mom to three. The days seem to end before they begin. It really is crazy....
I feel so thankful for babies. I can't believe how fast they grow.


My little Gracie got glasses.


Around mid May, Gracie came in from outside and while we were eating dinner, she kept squinting one of her eyes. I told her to knock it off, to which she told me she was Mike Wazowski.
I figured it was something that she was just doing to be funny. Well, when she continued to do it and it kept getting worse, I decided that I should take her to see the eye doctor. I had to promise that there were no shots at the doctors. Even when we got there, she told the doctor that there would be no shots. He checked her eyes and she is abnormally (for a child) farsighted... She got the glasses 2 weeks later and has been wearing them ever since. She definitely has come out of her shell even more and doesn't seem to quite talking. It is as if she has become a different person ever since she has begun to see. GO FIGURE!

My next announcement, one that I give with much regret. I am now the proud owner of a....



MINI VAN,

what the H!!!!


I totally know, I swore up and down that I would never get a mini van... All I can say is Never say never. Unless referring to marrying a very rich man or being a size 2.

The next big event was that Gracie got a pet. Now, I had nothing to do with this one. Brandon graciously gave our sweet little one a guinea pig (?) When he first brought it home it came with some paperwork, to which it said something along the lines of... pregnant women should not be exposed to these animals. SERIOUSLY. I was pissed.


Why did my husband hate me and bring this death rodent into my house to harm my unborn child. I could have kicked him. Of course, Gracie had fallen head over heels with Wilber (a fitting name for a pig, not so much for a guinea pig). So Brandon cleaned the cage and everytime I had to hold the thing I would wear those yellow gloves. Well, like all things in Gracie's world, wilber became old news within a month or so. And back to the store Wilber went. Life is a little better and my back room doesn't stink.

And finally, after fighting the feeling for awhile... we have decided to move back to Brandon's home town. We have weighed the good and the bad with living in a small town and the good really did outweigh the bad by quite a bit. So... Our home is in escrow and we will be moving out in about a month. This is very bitter sweet for us. I know that it is where we belong but it is really hard to leave our vegas life behind. Gracie was against it until she found out that she got to take her toys with her, she still thinks that the pool is coming with us... Bless her heart.

So there it is, the last six months in a nut shell. It seems like yesterday that I found out we were expecting and now here it is 6 months later and so much has changed. I am so excited for the future and everything that it will bring...
I promise the next post won't take me six months to write.

7 comments:

Staci Leach said...

Welcome back to the land of the blogger. So glad to be able to see changes to your blog. Oh, how I used to just stare at your page for hours wishing for changes. Well, maybe not. Good to see things getting back to good!

Unknown said...

Yay, I'm glad that you are back! You have been making a lot of changes! Wow! You are a brave lady to make a big move with a new baby! I am dying about the mini-van. We will probably end up getting one too at some point.

Thatcher is gorgeous, congratulations! I love Gracie's glasses, they look so cute on her face.

T.J., Lindsay, Drew, and Cameron Stevens said...

You're alive! Good thing you got rid of the death rodent! It's so good to see your family-I can't believe how cute Parker looks! Look at all his hair! And look at little Thatchie...he is so adorable. It must of been hard to seem him under those lights, so sad. Good luck with the move, keep me posted :)

Erica said...

Your family is so cute, and you are so funny. Life with 3 is great. I love it. I cant wait to see your kids in person. One of these days.

Unknown said...

I LOVE THATCHER! What a doll! He is beautiful. I love this post. I think about you everyday and want to finish our phone conversation that started a couple of weeks ago :).

A minivan?!? That didn't come up in our conversation...:). J/K, I love it.

Gracie looks SOOO cute in her glasses. I have heard that glasses do change a kid, who would have thought it would have affected her speech? At least you figured it out.

House in escrow? Are you not building? Oh, we just need to finish our conversation...I will call you.

Love you guys!

Jamie said...

Mandi!! I got to your blog through Erica's! You are so funny, you write exactly how you talk! What a beautiful family! Your kids are darling!! On a side note, we have a guinea pig in our family as well, we've had it for a year and Oakley is a little too attached for me to get rid of it. I had no idea about the pregnant thing, is it serious?? I'm having another baby in March! Next time you come to Ogden, we need to get together, but until then I'll be "peaking" in on you through your blog! I just started a blog this summer and I'm totally addicted. I love keeping in touch with people you don't see very often through the good old blog!

The Bryner Bunch said...

Congrats on your sweet baby Thatcher...such a cutie! I am glad that the delivery went smoothly besides the breathing issues and jaundice, but it seems that all is well:)

Gracie looks too cute in her glasses and I am glad that they have helped so much!

Do you love your minivan? I so want one...I also thought I would never say that, but they seem so roomy and convenient for kids.

Good luck on the move and I hope that you guys adjust well:)

I am anti-pet, but I guess that huge rodent is pretty harmless? I'm sure Gracie loves it.

Thanks for the update and I hope all is well:)