Tuesday, June 23, 2009

50 Miler, what the crap!



My wonderful husband has completed a 50 (yes, 5-0) mile hike... I know that no one would get as big of a laugh as I have,




the reason being,




when I first met Brandon he would say that his worst nightmare would be hiking to a location, reading a book, having a picinic and then cuddling with me in 90 degree weather...




It is as if I have exchanged spouses!!!


This would be the third hike that he has gone on in the past 2 months....


there was Camp Helaman where he hiked to an unhealthy elevations in like 3 miles








then him and Shane went on a twenty mile hike, you can check it out on his face book page




and finally his Goliath... the 50 miler.




He said that it was difficult and there was one day that he didn't think he could make it, but he did... He had an awesome time with the leaders and the boys that he went with.





And here is the lesson that I have learned from my husband... I have always make the argument that people don't change. Change is difficult and most people can't rise above the ease of their habits, but Brandon has taught me that we can become better, not in just small ways but in life changing ways. Just because you find yourself in rut or lifestyle that isn't offering you the full happiness that Heavenly Father would want you to have, you don't have to stay in it... You can become the person that you want to be, you can take your life in your hands and transform yourself. Thank you, Babe, you have taught me a lesson that has changed my paradigm for the better.


WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU



PS. Brandon has read numerous books, will cuddle with me in 10 out of the 12 months!! and seriously, who likes to eat sitting on a blanket with a bunch of bugs swirling around :)



hee hee.

1 comments:

Mindi D said...

That's impressive! Tell him good job!!