Friday, November 16, 2007

A-Rod is Back... Hopefully!


For those of you that follow the Yanks, you would have know that at the end of the season Alex Rodriguez opted out of his contract... in hopes for more money (who could blame him... wheres the love in NY)!!! But at last it seems as if he has come to his senses and decided to give it one more "old college try"... hopefully for the next ten years. I know, I know... who cares... and this is where I come in. Last season Brandon decided that we would all get Yankee Jerseys. I was on board and seeing how A-rod is my favorite player (side note: I am not a typical Yankee fan... I liked A-rod even when he was hitting, like a million home runs) I got his jersey. So you could see how devastated (oh right, a little over board) I was when it seemed as if he wouldn't be returning. Those jerseys are like 100 bucks!!! But... my prayers have been answered and it looks as if (it's not official yet) he will be signing a 10 year deal for a mere $275 million (Not too shabby) and additional bonuses if he breaks the home run record that is currently held by Barry Bonds (762). So... my friends there is your Yankee lesson for the season. to sum it up:


AROD IS COMING BACK & I'M HAPPY I DON'T HAVE TO BUY A NEW JERSEY!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny. I am happy you don't have to buy a new jersey too. However, living in Burlington automatically makes us Red Sox fans (Go Boston Dirt Dogs?). Anyway, I hope we can still be friends! XOXO!

Tami and Kaleo said...

wow mandi for a second there i actually thought you cared about the game. haha. Now i know it is because of the jersey. There is no price for fashion. There is standard for action and i don't make the rules i just enforece them. Love Tami

Unknown said...

Ok, are you really posting about a baseball player? I think I need to call Brandon and remind him how lucky he is to have you ;)!!

I am glad you don't have to waste money on a new jersey! Love ya!

--Jen Roper

Tami and Kaleo said...

ok i am going to make another comment. In fourth grade my teacher gave out end of the year awards and somegot best in math and most improved and I got, "Best Questioning Skills" So How did you get your blog to allow you use all of your space Terri keeps telling me I have to stink to the column and Idon't believe here. LEt me know. haha Love Tami